Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Perfectly Santa Fe Day

Today was storybook, perfect, iconic: Santa Fe.

I took an early morning walk to La Fonda for breakfast. It is the most beautiful hotel! A glass atrium with colored, painted panes surrounds the dining room. Everywhere is artwork. 

I passed the art market and took pictures of the Indian Contemporary Museum, which was closed :(

I went to the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, which is always spectacular. They now have her painting kit on display, I loved seeing her paints, her brushes...
And she cut the bristles on a diagonal to get a fine point, that surprised me!

In the afternoon I made my way again to Canyon Road to visit the rest of the galleries. Saw some spectacular work, juicy bold paintings and fun sculpture. The iris and poppies are so impressive too!
Had a couple good conversations with gallery owners who both asked to see my work.

All around town, I just love the graphic shadows and arched entryways... and the clouds! All the iconic images of Santa Fe thrill me.

Tomorrow I visit a town on the Tourquoise Trail to paint!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment