Saturday, May 30, 2015

Workin' It

I have been everywhere it seems today.

Started with an early morning walk (and some jogging!) down to the Railroad District,
through the farmers market and the art market. Saw two cool mobile studios, one used magnets to attach her work to the outside of her van-studio.

After a delicious breakfast at the always amazing Tia Sophia's I headed over to Canyon Road.

I wanted to see what was showing in the galleries and if my work (large studio paintings as well as Plein Air paintings) would be a good fit. Anyone who has been to Canyon Road can tell you that you can't see all the galleries in one day! Just too many and you would be an art zombie by the end. 

I tackled half today. Not bad. A lot of galleries are really specific about what they show: contemporary sculpture, cowboy western paintings, Russian clowns or brightly colored pueblo scenes. Something for everyone.

Two galleries interested me very much and I spent most of the day talking with the gallery owners, sharing my work, talking about my Residency... I learned a lot! AND it went very well!

Took a hike close to sunset up a hill in town with terrific views. In a few weeks the PAPNM (Plein Air Painters of New Mexico) have a jurried painting festival here and one of their scheduled painting locations is a sunset paint out on this Cross of the Martyrs Hill. So I wanted to check it out. Oh the clouds! Spectacular! 

No comments:

Post a Comment