Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Townies

Every thing about today was different:

- Went for a walk this morning with 2 of the other Artists.

- The other Artists and I met the Residency Assistant at the local cafe for coffee and shop-talk.

- We then all went to visit some of the local shops and galleries (which up until today had been closed every time I went by!)

- I worked in the studio for about 5 hours. Touched up a couple of my Plein air pieces, which I never do and I loved it. Felt great to be in the studio and motivates me to get more studio time when I return home.

- Went with the Site Manager (?) of the Residence to his studio for a tour...
Which happens to be where I've been  stalking this vintage Chevy truck and Airstream. He has some cool paintings that he attaches real bird skulls to the canvas/supports. There are a lot of movie props and cool old junk everywhere. Ahh but that truck/trailer combo! Love it! 

- Highlight! Found out a roadside motel I've been eyeballing to paint, which is called the Dude Motel... Is owned by... THE DUDE. My favorite! My crush! JEFF BRIDGES. Yeah, awesome. 

- Joined some of the girls here for dinner out. Tried a yummy place called Latitude 33.

- Capped the day off with a hot soak, tonight was a 109* pool. It was crazy hot. I'll be sweating for hours!

Super nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment