Thursday, May 28, 2015

End of Chapter One

First I have to start with this: it's 9:40 pm and it is 91*    IT WAS SO HOT TODAY!

I worked in the studio all day, repainting a few of the Plein air pieces.
 The studio has a huge window, maybe 5x5 facing south. Another of these faces North. Makes for good light but also makes for an oven.

Who knows what I did today, I think I was delirious from the heat.

Today was my last day at the Residency site. I'll have to check but I think I have 15 paintings, I am thrilled with that number.

Next up is Chapter Two:  painting in Santa Fe, meeting gallery owners, having my work reviewed... I'm looking forward to this!

I'm also, as I sit here with sweat pouring off of me, REALLY looking forward to higher altitude and LOWER TEMPERATURES!!!

I will absolutely recommend they put air conditioners in the residency cottages and studio. I can't figure out why the don't already. 

Had my last soak at Paloma Hot Springs tonight and did the foot soak exfoliant pit too.
Kinda bizarre, the 'pools' are lined with sand and rocks so you just move your feet around in the hot water! 


No comments:

Post a Comment