Tuesday, June 2, 2015

A Couple of Churches

Today I followed my friend out to the tiny town of Galisteo to paint. The drive was beautiful; scrubby rolling hills and views to buttes out on the horizon. And trees! Trees in New Mexico are hard to come by, but my friend did a good job of picking a location with some shade and of course a view to a town Church. 
I'm not thrilled to bits with mine but I did remember to take pictures! I have some good color and temperature changes and even some brush strokes I'm pleased with... But overall - meh.

After about 3.5 hours, Bill left and I headed out to explore... He recommended I visit Lamy, and he was right. A great Church that needs TLC badly, but has great structure and form and stained glass still despite its condition.
The town is an old train town so there is a good train station and a few old rail cars but other than that, all was quiet and empty.

Back up to Santa Fe I ran errands and ate at my favorite restaurant Pasquales, that's it!

Coming soon: red rocks... CAN'T WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment