Saturday, September 20, 2014

A Two-fer!!

What a day! After my morning painting (under the juniper tree) I took a spontaneous drive up Hell's Backbone Road. I really did not know what to expect. Well... It's long. It's bumpy, gravelly, washboard-like... Bone jarring is pretty accurate! And there is cow traffic!

Gorgeous though! Up and up! At the bridge I met another Escalante artist, Judy from Salt Lake City, we had a great conversation about painting :)

From there I continued on until I popped out near Boulder on Hwy 12. I decided it was cooling down enough (it was. 5:15) that I should check out the light/the view from the Boulder Sinclair Gas Station.

Luck! The light was different than I planned since the cool air and time of late day was bringing clouds.

My piece was of the barn and great rock down in a little valley, I really enjoyed painting this little piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment