Monday, September 14, 2015

Heading North

I'm on my way.
Headed North by way of a car show in Cottonwood, CA followed by a delightful but quick visit with my NorCal family.

Cottonwood is like a movie set, with its 3' curbs and rings for tying up your horse. But the only horses I saw were the horse-powers under the hood of some beautiful classic cars! My Dad's car club, from Weaverville, had a couple cars in the show, so I stopped by to take a guided tour of the cars with my Pop. 


After the car show, I pulled my Subaru in behind a line of 57 Chevys and 38 Fords, and we drove North to Redding. 

Redding was my pit-stop for the night, and I was thrilled to get a proper visit in with my Sister-in-Law, Sarah (I know! Yes, there are now two Sara(h) Mordecais in our family!!) and my Nephew Nico (4) and identical twin Nieces Ruby and Zoey (2). My Brother is out fighting fires near Napa so I didn't get to see him.

My Dad and his wife Pam provided my Bed and Breakfast and sent me off in the morning with big hugs and well-wishes.

More North...
The drive was a gorgeous one, past a very low Lake Shasta and then a right at Weed and through the mountains and a very full Klammath Lake. I love these mountains!

More North still... and finally, Bend, Oregon. Love this town! The Deschutes was dotted with colorful paddle boards and kayaks, the temperature a tolerable 82, and it just plain smells good! It's the trees. Maybe all the breweries too.


I'd scheduled an in-room Massage (I'm a genius!) and a wonderful Jane gave me a well earned 90 minute deep massage followed by a terrific suggestion on where to grab dinner.

The Lot! A corner on the west side of the river with Food Trucks :)

Today my North will list to the East and after I stock up on groceries for 2 weeks, I'll make my way to John Day.

I hope I have wifi!




No comments:

Post a Comment