Saturday, June 14, 2014

California Art Club - paint out!

Every now and again the NorCal/San Francisco chapter of the California Art Club plans a paint-out for its members. I love running into painting friends, past teachers and artists who I admire... and we all meet up for a painting day. This time, there was a promise of wine tasting too ;)  Yes please.

The location was up north in the wine country, in Kenwood, at Chateau St. Jean Winery. Beautiful! it was challenging, I don't often paint buildings and then of course there were the rows and rows and rows of vineyard.

I opted for the "Chateau" because it was very special with little orb lanterns strewn across the main lawn. Lovely...

There was however, no wine. It was madness there, lots of people picnic-ing and stopping by to wine taste. I never found the CAC wine tasting area and when I went into the actual tasting room... I felt like the step-sister in my grubby painting clothes with all the fancy wine enthusiasts.

I'll just open a bottle at home, thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment